Wednesday 8 January 2014

Recipe | Banana boat heaven

I've been a little uninspired since last weekend but am determined to keep up my main goal for 2014! When considering what on earth my next move could be, my mind typically wandered to food...

I'm a food lover - my life quite literally revolves around my next meal. My friends are quite aware of how my train of thought can run straight towards what I could make for tea, aka dinner (sorry Bianca!), immediately after I've eaten lunch. So it seems quite natural to share my latest concoctions with you.

When I say concoctions, I mean of the very random sort. I'm known to frequently combine eggs with tuna and create pizzas from cauliflower. I blame my low budget but really I'm the experimental type who arrives home from work, checks out the fridge and Googles a bunch of ingredients with the word recipe at the end; and hey presto we have a meal!

I thought I'd ease you in to the weirdness with a delicious (and clean may I add) baked banana boat recipe inspired by one from Everyday Maven.

To make one banana boat you will need:

1 banana
2 teaspoons peanut butter (I personally prefer crunchy)
2-4 squares of dark chocolate
Tinfoil


Preheat your oven to 180C/350F

Slice the banana approximately 3/4 of the way through from top to bottom and slightly split the banana open.


Place into a square of tinfoil, sprinkle one square of chocolate into the bottom of the banana and cover with peanut butter before placing the remaining chunks of chocolate on top.



Loosely wrap the tinfoil around the banana and place in the oven for 10 minutes.


After 10 minutes carefully open the tinfoil to check the colour of the banana skin. You are looking for the skin to be almost/completely blackened. If you think the banana needs slightly longer then loosen the tinfoil more and place back in the over for no more than 5 minutes.



Enjoy fresh from the oven with a nice tea - green, herbal or the proper Yorkshire kind!

Let me know what you think, L x


No comments:

Post a Comment